Friday, January 11, 2013

Bread

I have started my cooking class on this Monday in a small and cosy school near to Herttoniemi. The teachers there are very friendly, they guide us step by step whenever we ask. I feel glad that I chose to study cooking though I can learn by myself before. I study, practice and explore at the same time.

In 2 days, we made 5 different kinds of foods: sandwiches, soup, bread, berry fool and meat sauce. I feel I have learned many things, something very basic but necessary. Show you the picture of the bread I made. Though I couldn't taste it but I like how it shape and the softness of texture after baking. Pictures taken with Iphone so they aren't so pleasure!

           bread

Left to right: roast beef, eggs and anchovy and cheese sandwiches which I made in the first day.


 sandwiches

Recipes (translated from Finnish)

Mix 250 g water (37 C) with:
25 g yeast
15 g sugar
1 tbsp salt
400 g flour
I add some more water because I saw the dough hard

Instruction:

Knead dough about 5 minutes
Add 1/4 dl rape oil
Knead 5 minutes more.
Cover the bowl with cloth and let it rise about 25 minutes, I let it be a bit longer.
Cut into 10 pieces and rise 20 minutes.
Lubricate with some water on top and decorate with oats or flour, bake in 180 C in 12 minutes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...