Saturday, August 16, 2014

Tallinn, part 3

                IMG_9229
                IMG_9231

Tallinn is a small town but it is very lovely and romantic. For many people who live in Finland, they can access to Tallinn easily, from Helsinki just more than 2 hours by boat and you will be there. I live there for 6 years but never set a foot to Tallinn until one day my friend called me and asked if I would like to join her on the trip.

The ticket is very cheap, last time I bought it 10 Euros for two ways and people come there not just to travel but also to buy alcohol products because they got "super price": beer, breezer, wines... is ridiculous low compare to Finland's with the same products, almost two third cheaper. I didn't think I would buy it but I bought it, lots of breezer, and beer. I don't drink beer, so they are for friends. It was an enjoyable trip, very easy, and relaxed. We walked, explored the city, eat the street foods, the roasted almonds with fine sugar and delicious spices which I don't know. But the spicy sugared almonds from Olde Hansa, that flavor just came back to me now, oh I really want to eat it again!

IMG_9232 IMG_9233
                     IMG_9234
IMG_9240
                 IMG_9249  IMG_9250
               IMG_9252 IMG_9253 IMG_9260

The oldest cafe in Tallinn

              IMG_9266

My cappuccino with the lovely hearted shape, make me remember when I did practical training in Fazer Cafe in Helsinki, I could make the leaves too, beautiful leaves. On those first days, I watched a lot of youtube videos on how to make it. And every morning, every evening in my shift I always ask if I could do cappuccino or cafe latte for customers. Little by little, they become more beautiful. But for a longtime without practice, I wonder if I could do it again!

              IMG_9272
              IMG_9273

The post office and inside
 Tallinn's old town square
                   IMG_9290
                   IMG_9305 IMG_9309IMG_9318

This is the view from the tower of St. Olav church which has 258 steps. Because of lacking exercises, I gasped for breath along the way and constantly asked when will be the last step. But the view is, you see, isn't it wonderful?
IMG_9326 IMG_9327

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...