Saturday, January 10, 2015

New Year resolutions

notebooks

Every beginning of the year, I have hundreds of nice things I want to do which I called resolutions. At the end of the year, not many of them accomplished. Life is always unexpected and uncertain, which I learn not to get hold of it, but rather accept it and let it go. This doesn’t mean I won’t do anything for it. This year, without ideal goals and hollow resolutions, I try my best to do something much simpler: create habits, something that is broken into smaller pieces and easy to do than concrete goals. Some of the habits I would like to do are:

1. Practice mindfulness. Save 2-3 minutes a day to do mediation. I have been reading a lot of articles and books from similar writers, my favorites are Thich Nhat Hanh and Leo Babauta, he has a blog that I am his big fan http://zenhabits.net/ 

 2. Read more books: whatever interests me

3. Do regular exercises: to strengthen my body and my mind.

Actually I have a list of what I want to do in each month. But 3 things above are those most important for me for the rest to follow. And what’s about you? What are your New Year resolutions, how do you intend to do it?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...