Wednesday, March 25, 2020

LOST IN TOKYO, part 1

I was very happy to have a chance to visit Japan last summer 2019. My trip lasted 10 days, and Tokyo was my first destination. I must admit that it was a rush to visit 3 cities in that short time when Tokyo alone could take me up to 10 days easily.

My sister and I took a metro from Narita airport to our hotel in Asakusa, however we got lost in the middle of the way and had to call for the taxi. My first impression about Tokyo was that the houses from somewhere in the outskirt of the city looked like Sai Gon but much cleaner. However, toward the metropolitan area, the scenery has changed quite drastically; we saw fascinating skyscrapers with flickering lights proudly stand nearby Tokyo bay.

Despite a concise plan, time was not on my side. There are many places to go and too little time. Tokyo is an ultra-modern city, yet it beautifully embraces the past and the present. The traditional intertwines with the modern shows in architecture, art and other different aspects.




Sensō-ji temple is located at the historic centre of the city, Asakusa area, a few hundred metres from my hotel. It was founded 1000 years ago. The Buddhist temple is sacred, and one of Tokyo's most iconic sights.



We took a two-hour cruise around Tokyo bay, it was a bit long for me. If there is next time, I would prefer a shorter time on cruise. However it was nice to see the gleaming city from the water. They sold snack on the cruise as well.


Famous Shibuya crossing, and Hachiko statue

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...