Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Chicken curry soup


It has been more than 2 years since I made chicken curry. It is not that I don't like, but it's just a food that I don't cook usually.

A couple of weeks ago, my boss bought me a lunch. That was a curry soup with bread. It had a really good taste. The first time I felt pleased when I ate curry soup in Finland. So I want to make it again, their soup is mainly vegetable. I did my version with chicken.

Finely taste. The only thing I don't like is the texture, it seemed that the coconut milk doesn't dissolve well into water. Or is it the way the curry soup should be? I don't know. But next time I will try with coconut cream to see whether it has any different or not.


I don't remember how much spices I added in my soup, but below are the main ingredients I used.

Ingredient

Chickens

Potatoes

Carrots

Onions

Dill

Curry powder

Coconut milk

Sugar

Salt

2 cloves of garlic

Pepper

Instructions

1. Potatoes and carrots: peel, cut into small cubes.

Slice up half of the onion.

Chicken thighs: cut into half.

Peel 2 cloves of garlic, mince them fine.

2. Heat the pan with the high heat, add a little oil.

Throw half of the garlic, wait until it becomes light brown, don't let it burn. Then throw the carrots and potatoes into it. Stir until they become light brown. Set aside.

3. Heat a pot with high heat, add a little oil.

Throw another half of the garlic, wait until it becomes light brown, don't let it burn! Then throw the chickens into it. Stir until they become brown. Add a little sugar, a little salt. Then pour water until it's all over the chicken, reduce the heat to medium.

Cover it, let it be in around 1 hour to be totally cooked (depends on the mount of your chickens, water and your taste, change the time until the chicken get cooked as you want).

4. Finally add the potatoes, carrots, onions, some curry powder, and coconut milk to the pot chicken, put a little sugar, a little salt until suitable to your taste. Cook a little bit more until they are all soft. Add some pepper and dill on top.

5. Serve with rice vermicelli, rice or bread.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...